Then Bishop Edgar Vann; Dr. Sindhu Koshy, Cardiologist with St. John Providence; and Sarah Poole, Government Relations Director from the American Heart Association, discuss heart health and what needs to be done to improve it, especially among people of color.
- Checking labels to help your heart he... — (WJBK) – Part of having a healthy heart starts with a good diet. So when you go shopping, what should you look for on the label? We see lots of words like “organic” and “all natural”, but do they mean anything? Dr. Sindhu Koshy, a cardiologist from St. John Hospital, joined us on The Nine to [...]
- No. 1 killer of women heart disease i... — “The most common cause of death from heart disease is actually coronary artery disease,” says Dr. Sindu Koshy, a cardiologist at St. John Providence. “So, that’s plaque that develops in the arteries; that’s heart attacks and sudden cardiac death from that. Those are things we can reduce; plaque is cholesterol and inflammation. So by changing [...]
- Heart health begins in the gut, exper... — Like our mothers told us years ago, the way to, well, anyone’s heart is through their stomach. So instead of sugary candy hearts, maybe we should slip our beloved a stalk of broccoli. At least that’s what Dr. Sindhu Koshy will be doing. The cardiologist with St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital in Warren sees patients every [...]
- “Women & Heart DiseaseR... — Dinner with a Doc on February 28, 2018 Women & Heart Disease Presented by Dr. Sindhu Koshy, MD Lecture begins at 7:00 pm Ascension Crittenton Hospital Auditorium Light Strolling Dinner served at 6:00 pm Provided by Boulevard Health (Must regsister by Feruary 22nd for dinner) Wear Red! Fashion show at 6:30 p.m. For more information or [...]
- Let us meet Cardiovascular Consultant... — CVC – Koshy Personal Spot [...]